Friday, Sept. 13, 2019
Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper Quad
Artificial Intelligence and Health Care Panel
How can AI impact the development, delivery, and experience of health care?
- Applying big data and AI (such as natural language processing and deep learning) to raise diagnostic accuracy.
- Increasing the speed of drug discovery.
- Lowering operational costs.
- Improving patient outcomes.
Science or Science Fiction Panel
What will the future of medicine and health look like and how will both science and the arts help to shape that future?
The panel will blend science, technology, ethics, and art, and include diverse experts highlighting topics like:
- 3D printing of organs.
- How virtual reality may improve patient experience and care.
The $3.68 Trillion Question Panel
This panel will focus on issues related to the costs, pricing, and policy design of wellness and health care.
The discussion will include topics like:
- The impact of public policy (housing, WIC, immunization) on public health.
- Consolidation and entry of non-traditional actors into the health care industry.
- Pricing transparency.
- Insurance marketplaces/ACA.
- Drug policy, information regulation, and organ donation policies.