Business Analytics Summer Summit
Presented by the Tepper School of Business
June 2 - 8, 2024
Companies across the United States are looking to recruit and retain business intelligence professionals from diverse backgrounds with key analytics and business skills.
At the Tepper School, we are committed to creating and growing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and community of analytics professionals and leaders. The new Business Analytics Summer Summit (BASS) aims to prepare the next generation of diverse business analytics professionals. Designed for undergraduate students, the BASS program will see selected participants learn from faculty, industry leaders, and community partners during a one-week visit to the Carnegie Mellon Campus.
- Who: Rising college Juniors and Seniors from a variety of majors including business, engineering, and math fields.
- What: A one-week immersion in Business Analytics summer program.
- When: June 2 - June 8, 2024
- Where: Carnegie Mellon University - Tepper School of Business - Pittsburgh, PA
- Why: Skill development, career pathway foundation, network and community building
Participants' travel (to and from Pittsburgh), room and board in Pittsburgh will all be covered by the Program. Participants will also receive a stipend during their time in the Program.
- 5 Days
- Stipend of $500 per attending student
- No out of pocket cost for students
- All student travel cost to and from CMU are covered by the program
- All meals are covered
How to Apply
A short statement of interest (no more than one page, double spaced)
An Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript
What to Expect
Program participants will spend a week at Carnegie Mellon's campus in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, embedded in a program that provides opportunities for classroom learning, skills development, and exposure to analytics practice and professionals in the industry.
Key features of the Business Analytics Summer Summit include:
- Hands-On Experiences: Apply analytics tools and concepts that you will learn to real scenarios.
- Hear from Industry Experts: Discussions led by industry experts, thought leaders, and seasoned analytics professionals.
- Collaborative Projects: Work with peers in the program to apply your new analytics skills to solve practical business problems.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with peers, professors, and Carnegie Mellon University and industry professionals in the business analytics community in Pittsburgh.
Check back soon as the final program agenda will be available in February 2024!