Advances in Macro Finance
Organized by: Tetiana Davydiuk, Finn Kydland and Ariel Zetlin-Jones
|Friday, September 28, 2018
|9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Foreign Investment of U.S. Multinationals: The Effect of Tax Policy and Agency Conflicts
Authors: James F. Albertus (Carnegie Mellon), Brent Glover (Carnegie Mellon) and Oliver Levine (UW–Madison)
Discussant: Francois Gourio (FRB Chicago)
- Information versus Investment
Authors: Stephen J. Terry (Boston), Toni M. Whited (Michigan) and Anastasia A. Zakolyukina (Chicago)
Discussant: Max Croce (UNC–Chapel Hill)
|Noon to 1:30 p.m.
|1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Long-Term Finance and Investment with Frictional Asset Markets
Author: Julian Kozlowski (FRB St. Louis)
Discussant: Konstantin Milbradt (Northwestern)
Finance in a Time of Disruptive Growth
Authors: Nicolae Garleanu (Berkeley) and Stavros Panageas (UCLA)
Discussant: Gian Luca Clementi (NYU)
|3:30 to 4 p.m.
|4 to 6 p.m.
- An Information-based Theory of Financial Intermediation
Authors: Zachary Bethune (Virginia), Bruno Sultanum (FRB Richmond), and Nicholas Trachter (FRB Richmond)
Discussant: Michael Choi (UC–Irvine)
- A Walrasian Theory of Sovereign Debt Auctions with Asymmetric Information
Authors: Harold Cole (University of Pennsylvania), Daniel Neuhann (UT–Austin), and Guillermo Ordonez (University of Pennsylvania)
Discussant: Philip Bond (University of Washington)
||DINNER: Opal Restaurant, 1325 State St.
|Saturday, September 29, 2018
|8:45 to 10:45 a.m.
- Selection, Leverage, and Default in the Mortgage Market
Authors: Arpit Gupta (NYU) and Christopher Hansman (Imperial College)
Discussant: Felipe Severino (Dartmouth)
- Employer Credit Checks: Poverty Traps versus Matching Efficiency
Authors: Dean Corbae (UW–Madison) and Andrew Glover (UT–Austin)
Discussant: Igor Livshits (FRB Philadelphia)
|10:45 to 11 a.m.
|1 to 3 p.m.
- Too Much Skin-in-the-game? The Effect of Mortgage Market Concentration on Credit and House Prices
Author: Deeksha Gupta (Carnegie Mellon)
Discussant: Daniel Greenwald (MIT)
- Household Debt Revaluation and the Real Economy: Evidence from a Foreign Currency Debt Crisis
Authors: Emil Verner (MIT) and Gyozo Gyongyosi (Central European University and National Bank of Hungary)
Discussant: Stefan Lewellen (Penn State and London Business School)
|1 to 2:30 p.m.
||LUNCH AND ADJOURN