As a staff member at CMU, you are engaging in a vibrant and dynamic academic community. The talents, experience and skills you bring to your position aid us in achieving our mission as a university.
Staff members fill a variety of roles at the university. Each role is identified by a position description that outlines the responsibilities and expectations of that role.
Full-Time and Part-Time
- Staff members scheduled to work at least 37.5 hours a week are eligible for full-time staff benefits.
- Staff members scheduled to work at least 17.5 hours a week or 46.7% of a full-time schedule are eligible for part-time staff benefits.
- All staff members who are employed by the university, regardless of hours worked, may contribute to a retirement savings plan by payroll deduction.
- Part-time staff members, including TES staff members, are eligible for university contributions once they reach 1,000 hours in an employment year.
- See the 2017 Benefits Guide — Domestic [pdf] for complete information on the benefits options available to domestic staff members.
- See the 2017 Domestic Full-Time Employee Rate Sheet [pdf] for full-time rates at-a-glance.
- See the 2017 Domestic Part-Time Employee Rate Sheet [pdf] for part-time rates at-a-glance.
- See the Benefits Offerings for Staff Members in International Locations for guides and rate sheets specific to each international location.