Optional Life and AD&D Insurance
Full-time benefits-eligible faculty and staff may purchase optional insurance in increments of your basic life insurance amount.
- Purchase one to five levels of insurance, up to a maximum of $1,500,000 coverage (basic plus optional coverage combined).
- An Evidence of Insurability form is required for optional coverage of more than $500,000 (not combined with Basic).
- Rates are based on age and base salary.
- Enroll in optional coverage within 30 days of your benefits-eligibility.
- Increase optional coverage at Open Enrollment or with a life status change.
- Imputed income taxes are required for the value of life insurance coverage in excess of $50,000.
Optional Life and AD&D Rates
of Jan 1)
|70 and over||$1.057|