Meetings and Events
- Vets Virtual Office Hours:
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Access via Zoom; no appointment required
To provide a community for active duty military, veterans and those who feel a kinship to support our veterans and military personnel across the Carnegie Mellon University campus, for sharing like experiences and interests, opportunities for engagement within the university community, and for providing outreach related to veteran and active duty military benefits from a variety of sources.
Michael Danko, Co-Lead
Mike Danko has been with the university since 2008, first serving as the ROTC coordinator and then expanding his role as the veterans benefits manager and school certifying officer. In addition, Mike works with the active duty personnel attending the university. Working with veterans and military related students comes naturally to Mike as he is a retired master sergeant from the Army and former infantryman with over 26 years’ service.
“Having the opportunity to continue to care for veterans and other military related students is something that I enjoy and am grateful to be able to do. Expanding that consideration to our university employees with the forming of the Veterans Alliance is very exciting.”
Harold Ennulat, Co-Lead
Harold Ennulat is the associate director of program development & transition for the Software Solutions Division of the SEI, where he is responsible for revenue generation, customer engagement management, and satellite office leadership. He leads a team of nine sales professionals to ensure revenue goals are met and clients are provided with maximum impact solutions.
Prior to coming to CMU/SEI, Harold had a 21-year Air Force career in acquisition, with assignments in multiple programs, Air Force Headquarters, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense, where he was a senior program analyst for the under secretary of defense for acquisition, technology, and logistics.
- CMU Veterans & Military Community — Information on veterans education benefits, campus services, and the military and veterans community at CMU and in the Pittsburgh community
- Veterans Leadership Program — Pittsburgh-based organization offering career development, housing, wellness and supportive services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs — Access and manage VA benefits and healthcare
- VetResources — Weekly newsletter with resources for veterans, their families, caregivers and survivors
- Veterans Place — Pittsburgh-based organization that empowers veterans to transition out of homelessness and helps at-risk veterans become engaged, valuable citizens who contribute to their communities
- Veterans Crisis Line — 24/7, confidential crisis support for veterans and their loved ones