Eligibility and Enrollment
Benefits for employees hired into a benefits-eligible position become effective:
- For those hired on the first day of the month, the benefit-effective date is their date of hire.
- For those hired on the second day of the month or later, the benefit-effective date is the first of the month following their date of hire.
- Full-time, benefits-eligible — Scheduled Hours: At least 37.5 hours per week (40 hours per week for Campus Police Association) or 100% of a full-time schedule
- Part-time, benefits-eligible — Scheduled Hours: At least 17.5 hours per week or 46.7% of a full-time schedule
- Not benefits-eligible — Scheduled Hours: Less than 17.5 hours per week or 46.7% of a full-time schedule
Which benefit programs are you eligible for?
Health and Welfare
|Life and AD&D||Yes||Yes*||No||N/A|
|University Retirement Contributions||Yes||Yes*||No||N/A|
|Supplemental Retirement Accounts||Yes||Yes||Yes||N/A|
|Cyert Center Sliding Scale Benefit||Yes||No||No||N/A|
|Tuition Benefits for Dependent Children||Yes*||No||No||Yes*|
|Real Estate Services||Yes||Yes||Yes||N/A|
|PAT Transit Usage||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Paid Time Off||Yes||No||No||N/A|
|Leaves of Absence||Yes||Varies*||No||N/A|
|Short- and Long-Term Disability||Yes||No||No||N/A|
|Employee Assistance Program||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Care@Work Family Care Benefits||Yes||Yes||Yes||N/A|
|Group X-ercise Classes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
*Specific eligibility requirements (such as minimum hours worked, service requirement, etc.) or different benefit levels may exist. See this benefit's webpage for more information.
When can you enroll in benefits?
The IRS allows you to make benefits elections and changes only during certain times of the year:
- Within 30 days of your hire date as a new employee
- During the annual open enrollment period
- Certain changes are permitted within 30 days of a qualifying life or family status event.
- Supporting documentation is required when adding dependents to your coverage. It must be submitted within 30 days of their enrollment date, or they will be removed from your coverage.
How do you enroll in benefits?
- Review your benefit options.
Review the Benefits Guide and use the information on this site to determine your benefits eligibility. Decide which options work best for you and your family.
- Gather your information.
If adding new dependents to your benefits coverage, you will be required to provide their Social Security Numbers and upload a copy of dependent verification documentation to Workday within 30 days. If enrolling in the Dental DHMO plan, you will need to enter your Primary Care Dentist code. A link to search for these codes is provided in Workday during enrollment.
- Enroll through Workday.
Workday is the university's human resources, payroll, benefits, and time tracking system. Log in to Workday using your Andrew ID and password.
Review your final elections carefully before submitting, and remember to print and/or save a copy for your records.
- Follow up with required documentation.
If dependent eligibility documentation [pdf] and/or life status change supporting documentation is required, please upload those to Workday within 30 days, if you have not yet done so during enrollment. Life insurance coverage may require Evidence of Insurability (EOI). If you receive an EOI form in the mail, please return it to MetLife within the time frame indicated.
What benefits are available for enrollment?
Available for enrollment only during New Hire, Open Enrollment, or Life/Family Status Changes:
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Enhanced Long-Term Disability Insurance