Carnegie Mellon offers retiree medical coverage for full-time benefits-eligible retired employees and their spouses/partners.
- 2018 Medical Benefits Guide for Retired Carnegie Mellon Faculty and Staff Members [pdf]
- 2018 Benefits Enrollment/Change Form for Retired Carnegie Mellon Employees [pdf]*
- 2019 Medical Benefits Guide for Retired Carnegie Mellon Faculty and Staff Members [pdf]
- 2019 Benefits Enrollment/Change Form for Retired Carnegie Mellon Employees [pdf]*
*Medicare HMO participants must complete a carrier enrollment form in addition to completing the Carnegie Mellon Enrollment/Change form.
Age 60 – 64 in/at Retirement
Age 65+ in/at Retirement
You are eligible for medical and prescription benefits coverage for yourself and your spouse at the rates specified.
Carnegie Mellon options include:
- Three Medicare HMO plans (includes prescription coverage; does not require purchase of a Medigap or Medicare Part D prescription plan)
- Highmark Major Medical and Caremark Supplemental Prescription (covers the gap) coverage (requires separate purchase of a Medigap plan and a Medicare Part D prescription plan)
Rates are based on years of service at Carnegie Mellon.
You may also participate in Carnegie Mellon's active health plans through COBRA for up to 18 months. However, participation through COBRA is not considered creditable coverage for the purposes of avoiding the penalty for late enrollment in Medicare.