Contribute to United Way
Thanks to all who helped make the 2020 United Way Campaign a success!
If you did not have the opportunity to contribute during the campaign, or would like to add to your contribution, United Way welcomes your support throughout the year. Carnegie Mellon has a long-standing tradition of partnering with United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania to support life-changing services and programs in our community. With your support, we can help raise funds to prevent hunger and homelessness, help veterans who are working hard to adjust to life back home, help kids learn and develop skills to become successful adults and provide seniors and people with disabilities with greater independence.
Two Ways to Give
Financial donations can be made through payroll deduction, Bill Me, check or credit card. Donors can designate a specific organization or target area for their donation; refer to the 2019–2020 Regional Code Book [pdf] for a listing of Contributor Supported Agencies.
What Your Gift Can Accomplish
- $10 per pay provides one woman with safe, supportive housing for two weeks.
- $8 per pay helps one senior prevent a deadly fall or home accident.
- $6 per pay helps eight families get started financially planning for their child with a disability.
- $4 per pay helps support efforts to significantly increase on-time kindergarten registration for 14 children.
- $2 per pay will give food and shelter to a homeless person.
Collaboration, Accountability and Transparency
- United Way brings together leaders, partners, donors and volunteers to identify and solve problems.
- United Way sets priorities based on local research and data.
- United Way focuses on innovation and measurable results.
- United Way reports on the impact.
- United Way selects highest-performing agencies and holds them accountable for results.