Plan and Policy Documents
- General Notice of COBRA Continuation Coverage Rights [pdf]
- Medicaid/CHIP Notice [pdf]
- New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage [pdf]
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage Notices (Updated 10/10/2017)
- Creditable Coverage Notice for Participants in CMU's Active Prescription Drug Benefit Plan [pdf]
- Creditable Coverage Notice for Participants in CMU's Retiree Medicare Advantage HMO Plans [pdf]
- Non-Creditable Coverage Notice for Participants in CMU's Retiree Major Medical and Supplemental Prescription Plan [pdf]
Benefit Plan Information
- See the web pages for each benefit program to access its plan documents.
- Benefit Guides
- Medical Plan Summaries
Retirement Plan Information
- 401(k) Plan Fee Disclosure Notice [pdf]
- 403(b) Faculty and Staff Retirement Plan Fee Disclosure [pdf]
- Retirement Plan Universal Availability Notice [pdf]
- Vanguard 2065 Target Date and Proxy Change Notice [pdf]
Summary Plan Descriptions
- Carnegie Mellon University Retirement Plan for Faculty and Staff [pdf]
- Carnegie Mellon University 401(k) Plan [pdf]
- Carnegie Mellon University Benefit Plan for Full-Time Staff and CPA [pdf]
Summary Annual Reports
- For the Carnegie Mellon University Benefit Plan [Health and Welfare] [pdf]
- For the Carnegie Mellon University Faculty and Staff Retirement Plan [pdf]
- For the Carnegie Mellon University 401(k) Plan [pdf]
Carnegie Mellon University reserves the right to amend, modify, suspend, replace or terminate any of its plans, policies or programs, in whole or in part, including any level or form of coverage, by appropriate action of the university (or its delegate), without the consent or concurrence of persons affected.
The information presented is not intended to create, nor is it to be construed to create, a contract between the university (or its affiliates) and any one of the university’s employees, former employees, or other plan participants or beneficiaries.
Please note that a summary of the benefits provided under each plan is contained in the summary plan description for such plan. Full details are provided in the official plan documents, which govern the operation of the respective plan. In the event that the content provided or any oral representations made by any person regarding a plan conflict with or are inconsistent with the provisions of the applicable plan document, the provisions of the applicable plan document will control.