New Hire Orientation
New staff members are invited to attend New Hire Orientation.* This formal welcome to the university will introduce you to the many resources available to you as a member of the Carnegie Mellon community.
During the half-day program, you will:
- Learn about Carnegie Mellon’s unique history
- Discuss how your new role fits into the university’s mission and vision
- Meet with representatives from many departments and learn how they can support you
- Learn about important policies and procedures
- Learn about your health, welfare and retirement benefits options
- Network with other new staff members
- Take a tour of campus, led by a Coulter Welcome Center Ambassador and a Staff Council representative
You are encouraged to attend New Hire Orientation within your first 30 days at Carnegie Mellon.
*Please note that in-person New Hire Orientation sessions have been suspended in response to COVID-19 precautionary directives. The Office of Human Resources is exploring opportunities to offer this content remotely. Please visit this page for updates. You are also encouraged to review the New Hire Resources.
Register for New Hire Orientation
Register for an upcoming session via FocusU. Because of the amount of preparation that goes into the program, it is very important that you register so that we can fully accommodate you.
Registration closes at noon the day before the session.
(It can take up to five days once onboarding is complete in Workday for a new employee to have access to FocusU. If you would like to register but are unable to access FocusU, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)