New Hire Orientation
New staff members are invited to participate in New Hire Orientation. This formal welcome to the university will introduce you to the many resources available to you as a member of the Carnegie Mellon community. Please note that, in response to COVID-19 precautionary directives, New Hire Orientation sessions are currently being offered virtually via Zoom.
During the two-hour program, you will:
- Learn about Carnegie Mellon’s unique history
- Discuss how your new role fits into the university’s mission and vision
- Meet with representatives from many departments and learn how they can support you
- Learn about important policies and procedures
- Meet other new staff members
You are encouraged to participate in New Hire Orientation within your first 30 days at Carnegie Mellon. You are also encouraged to review the New Hire Resources.
Register for New Hire Orientation
Register for an upcoming session via FocusU. Registration closes at noon the day before the session.
(It can take up to five days once onboarding is complete in Workday for a new employee to have access to FocusU. If you would like to register but are unable to access FocusU, please contact email@example.com.)