Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff members can take advantage of discounts on vehicle purchases and other transportation benefits, including free rides on the PRT and Metro systems for benefits-eligible employees.
Free Pittsburgh Regional Transit Usage
Benefits-eligible faculty and staff are entitled to use Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT) system buses, inclines and the T free of charge. Your ID Card is encoded with your PRT eligibility status automatically — just tap your ID Card on the orange pad on the farebox.
Metro SmartBenefits® Program (D.C. Area)
With the SmartBenefits® program, a monthly benefit of $150 is assigned to employees who are eligible and enrolled in the program. The funds are autoloaded to your SmarTrip® card — Metro’s rechargeable card — and can be used for rail, van pool and bus travel throughout the District of Columbia metropolitan region.
For more information about the program and how to enroll, see the Metro SmartBenefits Program Enrollment Form [pdf].
Automobile Purchase Programs
Carnegie Mellon University has partnership agreements with Ford, General Motors and Volvo. University employees can purchase any make of vehicle owned by these companies at discounted prices. Most vehicles are priced at the vehicle company employee cost plus a small fee.
Ford Discounts (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury — dealer in stock only)
- Go to http://www.Fordpartner.com.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon partner code: cmunv.
- Click on the "Generate PIN" tab and enter the information for which you are prompted.
- A four-digit pin will be generated by the system.
- Show your Carnegie Mellon ID card and the PIN to the dealer immediately upon entering the showroom.
General Motors Discounts (GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac)
- Go to http://gmsupplierdiscount.com.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon company code: 843283 and click "Continue."
- Create a username and password, and complete the registration process.
- Select the GM SUPPLIER DISCOUNT link on the left side of the page and complete the authorization process.
- You will be provided with an authorization number and instructions on how to use it.
A-Plan by Volvo
- Go to https://aplanbyvolvo.com/.
- Register an account using the Carnegie Mellon partner code: KK008.
- Complete the registration process by entering your information and creating a user name and password.
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your account. Follow the link to confirm your account and access the A-Plan website.
- Use the A-Plan website to view eligible models, find a retailer and generate a PIN to access your discount.
Rental Car Discounts
Enterprise Rent-A Car offers discounted car rental rates for Carnegie Mellon employees. See Procurement Services for more information about the Enterprise discount.