Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff members can take advantage of discounts and other transportation benefits, including free rides on the PAT and Metro systems for benefits-eligible employees.
Free Port Authority Transit Usage (Pittsburgh Area)
Metro SmartBenefits® Program (D.C. Area)
With the SmartBenefits® program, a monthly benefit of $150 is assigned to employees who are eligible and enrolled in the program. The funds are autoloaded to your SmarTrip® card — Metro’s rechargeable card — and can be used for rail, van pool and bus travel throughout the District of Columbia metropolitan region.
For more information about the program and how to enroll, see the Metro SmartBenefits Program Enrollment Form [pdf].
Automobile Purchase Programs
Carnegie Mellon University has partnership agreements with Chrysler, Ford, General Motors and Nissan. University employees can purchase any make of vehicle owned by these companies at discounted prices. Most vehicles are priced at the vehicle company employee cost plus a small fee.
Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program
- Go to www.chrysleraffiliates.com or call 888-444-4321 to learn more about the program and obtain your control number.
- You’ll need the Carnegie Mellon partner code: DU2T4V.
- Take your control number, with proof of eligibility (company ID or recent paycheck stub), to any participating U.S. Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge or Ram dealership or FIAT studio.
Ford discounts (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury — dealer in stock only)
- Go to http://www.Fordpartner.com.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon partner code: cmunv.
- Click on the "Generate PIN" tab and enter the information for which you are prompted.
- A four-digit pin will be generated by the system.
- Show your Carnegie Mellon ID card and the PIN to the dealer immediately upon entering the showroom.
General Motors Discounts (GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac)
- Go to http://gmsupplierdiscount.com.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon company code: 843283 and click "Continue."
- Create a username and password, and complete the registration process.
- Select the GM SUPPLIER DISCOUNT link on the left side of the page and complete the authorization process.
- You will be provided with an authorization number and instructions on how to use it.
Nissan Vehicle Purchase Program (Nissan, Infiniti)
- Go to https://www.insidenissan.com/vpp_form_wizard_d_nis.psp.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon company code: VPP009086 and click "Continue."
- Select “Carnegie Mellon University."
- Enter appropriate information to receive your VPP Claim ID.
- You will be provided with a VPP Claim ID and instructions on how to use it.
Carnegie Mellon University employees, students and family members who purchase their vehicles from Wright Automotive additionally receive three years of free routine maintenance which includes tire rotations, oil changes and fluid top off. Pricing is good for all current students and employees with proof of enrollment or employment.
For information and assistance please contact:
Robert Majersky, General Sales Manager
724-935-4646 ext. 1101
Rental Car Discounts
Enterprise Rent-A Car offers discounted car rental rates for Carnegie Mellon employees. See Procurement Services for more information about the Enterprise discount.