Carnegie Mellon offers several lactation rooms for breastfeeding women to express milk while on campus. These spaces are open to students, faculty, staff and their guests. You are responsible for requesting access to the space and following the guidelines for use.
Lactation Room Locations
|CUC 257||Card swipe access required|
|Gates 8214||Card swipe access required|
|INI, 4616 Henry Street, Room 213||Card swipe access required|
|Marketing & Communications, 4721 Fifth Avenue, Room 218||Building access required|
|Mellon Institute 210A|
|Posner Hall A50E||Card swipe access required|
|PPG 6, 14th Floor||Building access required|
|Tepper Quad, 3rd Floor, Room 3924||Card swipe access required|
|Tepper Quad, 5th Floor, Room 5924||Card swipe access required|
|Wean Hall 4432||Card swipe access required|
While most of these spaces are available for single use only, Wean Hall can accommodate two users simultaneously.
Access Lactation Rooms
To request access to a lactation room, please complete and submit the Lactation Room Request for Access Form. Please note that if you have Card Swipe Access to one lactation room, you have Card Swipe Access to all lactation rooms.
Guidelines for Lactation Room Use
- You are responsible for working with your supervisor to arrange for break time to pump and may contact the Benefits Office for questions regarding break time.
- Visitors must have a CMU sponsor to use the space.
- These rooms are not scheduled, and multiple nursing mothers have access to the space. Please use the "Lactation Room in Use" Door Sign [pdf] to identify that the room is in use.
- Carnegie Mellon does not provide pumping equipment. Should you choose to leave any items in the room, know that these are not the responsibility of Carnegie Mellon.
- Please keep the space neat and orderly. If you notice that dispensers are out of stock or if there is a cleaning issue, please report the issue to Equal Opportunity Services.