Carnegie Mellon offers several lactation rooms for breastfeeding women to express milk while on campus. These spaces are open to students, faculty, staff and guests. You are responsible for requesting access to the space and following the guidelines for use.
Lactation Room Locations
|Building||Location Address||Room #||Card Swipe Access||User Occupancy|
|Cohon University Center||5032 Forbes Avenue||257||24-hour access||Double|
|Gates-Hillman Center||4902 Forbes Avenue||8214||24-hour access||Single|
|Information Networking Institute (INI)||4616 Henry Street||213||NO access after 5 p.m.||Single|
|Marketing & Communications||4721 Fifth Avenue||218||NO access after 5 p.m.||Single|
|Mellon Institute||4400 Fifth Avenue||210A||NO access after 5 p.m.||Single|
|PPG Place||6 PPG Place||14th Floor||Building access required;
NO access after 5 p.m.
|Tepper School of Business||4765 Forbes Avenue||3924||24-hour access||Single|
|Tepper School of Business||4765 Forbes Avenue||5924||24-hour access||Single|
|Wean Hall||Hamerschlag Drive||4432||24-hour access||Double|
Access Lactation Rooms
To request access to a lactation room, please complete and submit the Lactation Room Request for Access Form. Please note that if you have card swipe access to one lactation room, you have card swipe access to all lactation rooms.
Guidelines for Lactation Room Use
- You are responsible for working with your supervisor to arrange for break time to pump and may contact the Office of Human Resources — Benefits for questions regarding break time.
- Visitors must have a CMU sponsor to use the space.
- These rooms are not scheduled, and multiple nursing mothers have access to the space. Please use the "Lactation Room in Use" Door Sign [pdf] to identify that the room is in use.
- Carnegie Mellon does not provide pumping equipment. Should you choose to leave any items in the room, know that these are not the responsibility of Carnegie Mellon.
- Please keep the space neat and orderly. If you notice that dispensers are out of stock or if there is a cleaning issue, please report the issue to Equal Opportunity Services.