Carnegie Mellon offers several lactation rooms for breastfeeding individuals to express milk while on campus. These spaces are open to students, faculty, staff and guests. You are responsible for requesting access to the space and following the guidelines for use.
Lactation Room Locations
View a labeled, interactive map to locate rooms.
|Building||Location Address||Room #||Card Swipe Access||User Occupancy|
|ANSYS Hall||4805 Frew Street||B05||24-hour access||Single|
|Cohon University Center||5032 Forbes Avenue||257||24-hour access||Double|
|Gates-Hillman Center||4902 Forbes Avenue||8214||24-hour access||Single|
|Hall of Arts||121 Tech Street||A51||24-hour access||Single|
|Information Networking Institute (INI)||4616 Henry Street||213||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.||Single|
|Marketing & Communications||4721 Fifth Avenue||218||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.||Single|
|Mellon Institute||4400 Fifth Avenue||210A||7 a.m. to 6 p.m.||Single|
|PPG Place||6 PPG Place||14th Floor||7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
Building access is required
|SEI (Bakery Square)||6425 Penn Avenue||4006||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.||Single|
|TCS Hall||4621 Forbes Avenue||204||24-hour access||Single|
|TCS Hall||4621 Forbes Avenue||404||24-hour access||Single|
|TCS Hall||4621 Forbes Avenue||521||24-hour access||Single|
|Tepper School of Business||4765 Forbes Avenue||3924||24-hour access||Single|
|Tepper School of Business||4765 Forbes Avenue||5924||24-hour access||Single|
|Warner Hall||5000 Forbes Avenue||117||7 a.m. to 7 p.m., M–F;
To access outside of these hours, building access is required
|Wean Hall||Hamerschlag Drive||4432||24-hour access||Double|
Access Lactation Rooms
To request access to a lactation room, please complete and submit the Lactation Room Request for Access Form. Please note that if you have card swipe access to one lactation room, you have card swipe access to all lactation rooms.
Guidelines for Lactation Room Use
- You are responsible for working with your supervisor to arrange for break time to pump and may contact the Office of Human Resources — Benefits for questions regarding break time.
- Visitors must have a CMU sponsor to use the space.
- These rooms are not scheduled, and multiple nursing individuals have access to the space. Please use the "Lactation Room in Use" Door Sign [pdf] to identify that the room is in use.
- Carnegie Mellon does not provide pumping equipment. Should you choose to leave any items in the room, know that these are not the responsibility of Carnegie Mellon.
- Please keep the space neat and orderly. If you notice that dispensers are out of stock or if there is a cleaning issue, please report the issue to Equal Opportunity Services.