Travel Insurance Through Aetna Global Benefits World Traveler
Medical Coverage for International Travelers to All Locations
CMU provides international travel health insurance through Aetna Global Benefits World Traveler at no charge to full-time employees traveling on official Carnegie Mellon business in a foreign country for less than 180 days.
The plan provides a variety of services, including:
- Emergency medical, evacuation and repatriation services
- Medical information, records and physician assistance
- Travel and personal assistance
- Personal security assistance
- Online information resources
To be eligible for the Aetna coverage, you must be:
- a full-time employee,
- under age 80, and
- traveling for less than 180 days on CMU business.
If you are traveling internationally on CMU business, complete the following applicable International Travel Registration Form at least seven business days prior to departing:
- International Travel Registration Form — Qatar [pdf]
- International Travel Registration Form — All Other Locations [docx]
Chubb Europ Assistance Program
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for the Aetna plan, you can take advantage of the Chubb Europ Assistance Program [pdf] offered by the university at no charge.
Note: Europ Assistance provides medical assistance services only and is not medical insurance.
Information for Travelers
Qatar Security QuestionsStephen McCarty
Director of Safety and Security
tel: +974 4454-8434
mobile: +974 6682-4109