Real Estate Services
Are you planning to buy or sell a home? Are you a new employee relocating to Pittsburgh? As a Carnegie Mellon employee, you are eligible for financial rewards, discounts, and other real estate and relocation assistance.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Assistance Program
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services is pleased to offer you a Real Estate Assistance Program that could reward you with hundreds — possibly thousands — of dollars when you buy or sell a home. All employees of Carnegie Mellon University are eligible to receive this benefit.
The savings come from a credit or cash back equal to 20% of the commission earned on the listing or buying side of the transaction (whichever side of the transaction you are on).
To receive your cash rewards:
- Register for the Real Estate Assistance Program by calling 877-304-2862 or online at www.realestateassistanceprogram.com.
- Either sell or purchase a home with the REALTOR® / Broker assigned to you.
- Assistance Program cannot be combined with any other program, e.g., relocation benefits, or other Affinity or Assistance Programs, etc.
For information about how the program works, view the Real Estate Assistance Program Flyer [pdf].
Howard Hanna's Hanna Gold Advantage Program
The Hanna Gold Advantage Program [pdf] offers real estate benefits for Carnegie Mellon employees and their family members, including:
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when purchasing a home
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when selling a home
- Free consultation with a Howard Hanna Mortgage Professional and a $400 credit towards closing costs on a first mortgage or refinancing when the transaction is handled by Howard Hanna Mortgage Services and Barrister’s Land Abstract Company or Barristers of Ohio
- Competitive rates on a full line of insurance services through Howard Hanna Insurance Services (mortgage, auto, home, health, etc.)
- Retail Alliance Service Partner discounts and corporate priority services on various services (ie, moving services, carpeting, home improvements, security systems, etc.)
Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department offers a full range of relocation related services to Carnegie Mellon employees, including:
- Counseling employees moving into the area
- Providing information when moving nationwide
- Providing information for employees purchasing a second home nationwide
- Area information packages—Neighborhood tours
- School reports and cost of living information nationwide
To take advantage of the Hanna Gold Advantage Program, you must register in advance with Howard Hanna Relocation & Business Development. If you are currently working with a realtor, or if you contact a realtor prior to registration, these benefits do not apply. When you register, you will be assigned a sales associate. Registration is free and easy: