Real Estate Services
Are you planning to buy or sell a home? Are you a new employee relocating to Pittsburgh? As a Carnegie Mellon employee, you are eligible for financial rewards, discounts, and other real estate and relocation assistance. Please note that most programs require you to register before contacting an agent.
Berkshire Hathaway Affinity Program
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices The Preferred Realty is pleased to present Carnegie Mellon University employees with an exclusive real estate Affinity Program. This program features many benefits whether you are buying or selling a home (or both).
To be eligible for these benefits, Carnegie Mellon University employees must first register with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices The Preferred Realty's Relocation Department by calling 1-800-245-6172 or sending an email to relocation@TPRSold.com. If you are currently working with an agent or if you contact an agent prior to registration, these benefits do not apply.
View the Affinity Program Flyer [pdf] to learn more about the program.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Advantage Program
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services is pleased to offer a Real Estate Advantage Program [pdf] that could reward you with hundreds — possibly thousands — of dollars when you buy or sell a home. All CMU employees, alumni and family members are eligible to receive this benefit.
The savings come from a credit or cash back equal to 20% of the commission earned on the listing or buying side of the transaction (whichever side of the transaction you are on).
Registration is required to participate in the program. If you are currently working with an agent or if you contact an agent prior to registration, these benefits do not apply. To learn more or to register, visit Coldwell Banker Real Estate Advantage Program or call 800-396-0960.
Howard Hanna's Hanna Gold Advantage Program
The Hanna Gold Advantage Program [pdf] offers real estate benefits for Carnegie Mellon employees and their family members, including:
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when purchasing a home
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when selling a home
- Free consultation with a Howard Hanna Mortgage Professional and a $400 credit towards closing costs on a first mortgage or refinancing when the transaction is handled by Howard Hanna Mortgage Services and Barrister’s Land Abstract Company or Barristers of Ohio
- Competitive rates on a full line of insurance services through Howard Hanna Insurance Services (mortgage, auto, home, health, etc.)
- Retail Alliance Service Partner discounts and corporate priority services on various services (ie, moving services, carpeting, home improvements, security systems, etc.)
Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department offers a full range of relocation related services to Carnegie Mellon employees, including:
- Counseling employees moving into the area
- Providing information when moving nationwide
- Providing information for employees purchasing a second home nationwide
- Area information packages—Neighborhood tours
- School reports and cost of living information nationwide
To take advantage of the Hanna Gold Advantage Program, you must register in advance with Howard Hanna Relocation & Business Development. If you are currently working with a realtor, or if you contact a realtor prior to registration, these benefits do not apply. When you register, you will be assigned a sales associate. Registration is free and easy:
- See http://www.hannagoldadvantage.com
- Write to Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department at 119 Gamma Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Module Preferred Homebuyer Program
Members of the CMU Community can take advantage of a home buying benefit provided through Module, a Pittsburgh-based company. Module builds new construction homes to Zero Energy Ready Homes standards, as set by the United States Department of Energy.
The Module Preferred Homebuyer Program [pdf] gives CMU members first access to presale for new Module housing developments, a $2,500 closing credit when buying a Module home, and access to furniture discounts. View the Module Presentation [pdf] to learn more.