Staff Highlight: HR Faculty and Staff Services
The HR Faculty and Staff Services team, led by Nadine Hobeck, serves as the front line for helping staff and faculty with their human resources needs and questions. When a faculty or staff member contacts the HR Service Center, they are greeted by a member of this team. The HR Faculty and Staff Services team will either directly assist with the request or help route the request to an expert HR colleague. Some common HR inquiries include Workday, benefits, and pay related questions.
In addition to managing the HR Service Center inquiries, this team supports the onboarding process by leading weekly onboarding sessions with new staff. During these onboarding sessions, the HR Services team provides staff with an overview of their benefits and verifies their I-9.
Finally, the team supports position management by reviewing and analyzing position requests. This includes creating, editing and reorganizing supervisory organizations in Workday.
- Nadine Hobeck, Manager, HR Faculty and Staff Services
- What do you like most about working at CMU? My favorite part about working at CMU is the community of people and building those lasting relationships. I love that I am able to support our campus community and being able to do this with my exceptional team has truly been gratifying.
- Fun fact: I love to bake and try new recipes. Every year, I make all of the cookies, pies and pastries for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My favorite Italian pastry is a sfogliatelle and my most requested pie is a blackberry pie.
- Molly Gordon, Senior HR Specialist
- What do you like most about working at CMU? My favorite part of working at CMU is the community. There are always events taking place and opportunities to get involved. I've gotten to help so many wonderful people with onboarding or benefits questions and processes and have always been supported by amazing team members over the last seven years.
- Fun fact: I own close to 250 board games and have game night almost every weekend. I'm also a roller coaster enthusiast.
- Rachel Clement, HR Specialist
- What do you like most about working at CMU? I love our team! Everyone is very supportive, helpful, and fun to work with!
- Fun fact: My best friend is my geriatric pug named Penny Lane. We are very similar - we both like cheese, lounging in the warmth of space heaters/fireplaces/patches of sun, and nice linens.
- Alannah Owens, HR Specialist
- What do you like most about working at CMU? I appreciate the staff's diversity and opportunities for development here. There are so many people with so much experience and knowledge from many backgrounds who want to help you grow and achieve.
- Fun fact: I was one of two teenagers chosen to represent the Carnegie Museum of Natural History at the annual Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Conference in high school.
- Madz Rushlau, HR Specialist
- What do you like most about working at CMU? I love working at CMU and having the privilege of representing a prestigious university. Specifically in HR Services, I help people onboard and start a new chapter in their life. Starting a new job can be challenging, and being able to aid someone through the process and feel excited for their position is so rewarding.
- Fun fact: I got 8 new tattoos this year and I’m a twin.
- Rita Motor, HR Technology Operations Support Analyst
- What do you like most about working at CMU? I've enjoyed seeing the campus grow into what it has become today.
- Fun fact: I'm in a bowling league, and usually manage to get 1–2 turkeys each season. However, the 200 game continues to elude me.
Contact HR Services
The HR Faculty and Staff Services team is available at 412-268-4600 or via email, M–F from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. ET. You can also visit them at their offices at 4516 Henry Street.