March 03, 2023
Staff Spotlight: Supervisor Services Team
The Supervisor Services Team, led by Kristine Gil, plays a critical role in supporting CMU’s various colleges and divisions in their human resources needs. The team is composed of a group of HR generalists who assist recruiters and HR business partners in employee relations, performance management, recruitment, policy interpretation and workforce planning activities. HR generalists also serve as Workday experts, entering and approving department-related transactions as needed and ensuring that required HR transactions are happening in a timely and efficient manner.
Introducing the Team
There are 12 members on the Supervisor Services team. Each member works to support different colleges and divisions with their HR needs.
- Ellie Azzarello, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: Tepper School of Business
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “I love being part of a community again!”
- Fun fact: “I love to crochet and am working on a Tartan patterned blanket right now!”
- Darrell Baltimore, HR generalist II
- Campus clients: College of Fine Arts, Finance Division and Office of the Provost
- What do you like most about working at CMU? "I have had the pleasure to work with so many special people with very diverse backgrounds."
- Fun fact: "I have visited 15 different countries between four different continents."
- Karen Dottle, HR generalist II
- Campus clients: Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences; Entertainment Technology Center; Integrative Design, Arts and Technology (IDeATe) and University Libraries
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite part about working at CMU would have to be the people. In the years I've been here and the positions I've held, the people make coming to work enjoyable. I've been a part of some amazing teams and enjoy interacting with many staff members across campus.”
- Fun fact: “I love to cook and try new recipes when I have the time. I like quick and easy recipes with not too many 'wild' ingredients.”
- Kristine Gil, manager, Supervisor Services
- Campus clients: Cyert Center for Early Education, Investment Office, Office of the General Counsel, Office of Human Resources, Office of the President, Vice President for Research and the Qatar Campus
- What do you like most about working at CMU? "My favorite part about working at CMU is the community of people and being embedded in a higher education institution. There is always an event occurring on campus and/or amazing research being led by our world class faculty that is so interesting and life changing. Being able to support our campus community every day is a privilege and working with my outstanding colleagues to get this accomplished is an added bonus!"
- Fun fact: "My husband and I love to travel and try to make it a point to go somewhere outside of the country each year. In our most recent travels, we went to France and enjoyed the cuisine, learning some of the language, and exploring historical sites!"
- Isabelle Larrabee, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: School of Computer Science
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite parts about working for CMU are the HRG team and campus culture. La Prima is a bonus.”
- Fun fact: “My hobbies include singing and horse riding. I’ve been a competitive show jumper for 19 years.”
- Paris Maxshure, HR generalist II
- Campus clients: College of Engineering at Rwanda, Computing Services and International Human Resources
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “I have been working at CMU for about 15 months now, and I would have to say that my favorite parts thus far would have to be the opportunities for professional development, the ability to expand my network, and the amazing teamwork across the university.”
- Fun fact: “My all-time favorite movie is The Sound of Music.”
- Andrea Pace, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: Mellon College of Science, National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) and the Robotics Institute
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “I think my favorite part of working at CMU is the people. Everyone I reach out to is always helpful with answering questions I have or directing me on how to do something. I never feel judged when I have a question or need to ask for help.”
- Fun fact: “I have lived in seven different states and also lived in Mexico. One of my bucket list items is to visit all the states. So far, I have visited 27 so I still have a way to go.”
- Jessica Packer, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: Heinz College
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite part about working for CMU is the community.”
- Fun fact: “A fun fact about me is that I worked for the Pittsburgh Zoo for six years.”
- Amber Pferdekamper, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: Student Affairs and University Communications and Marketing
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite part about working at CMU is the opportunity for professional development. Even as a new employee, I've been given the opportunity to obtain my SHRM certification.”
- Fun fact: “I love to travel and learn about different cultures and ways of living! Half of my family lives in Cebu, Philippines, and I try to visit them every few years. This past summer, I traveled with a big group of my college friends to Greece and Italy. Experiencing new environments and interacting with locals makes me feel very grateful, and I always return with a new perspective.”
- Shane Seeloff, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: Facilities, Infrastructure and Risk Management (FIRM)
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite part about working at CMU is being a part of a team that truly wants to help each other. Additionally, I appreciate the opportunity for growth through our tuition benefit program and SHRM certification course.”
- Fun fact: “I enjoy spending time with friends around the city and at our local rock climbing gym. If I had to pick a favorite movie I'd say Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, but I also have a love for the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings franchises. I've traveled to nine different cities in the past year and have more plans this year to continue traveling.”
- Meghan Shafer, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: University Advancement
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite part about working at CMU is the community. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with has made it a point to make me feel welcomed as a part of a team or the community. Everywhere you go on campus there is energy, and everyone is carrying a positive attitude and outlook. There is an undeniable feeling that everyone is working towards bettering everyone else around them and the university as whole, and how could you not love being a part of that!”
- Fun fact: “I am working on getting my dual citizenship in Italy! My grandfather was an Italian citizen when my mother was born, making her a natural dual citizen in Italy and the USA. Since she did not renounce her dual citizenship, my brother and I are in essence also natural dual citizens to Italy. After some paperwork and proper documentation, we will be official citizens of Italy!”
- Jasmine Torres, HR generalist I
- Campus clients: College of Engineering
- What do you like most about working at CMU? “My favorite part about working at CMU is the people. Each person I interact with is kind, pleasant and positive. Whether it be via email, Zoom or in-person, everyone is always going above and beyond to show appreciation."
- Fun fact: “My family and I are avid travelers. Our most recent destination was Negril, Jamaica. The beaches were beautiful! We are in the midst of planning our next tropical vacation, so if you have any recommendations, please send them my way!”
Resources and More Information
This team is not only an integral part of the Office of Human Resources, but they are also a vital part of the campus community. They work tirelessly — often behind the scenes — to ensure positive experiences for employees. For a complete listing of colleges and divisions and the HR generalists who support them, please check out the HR Teams page.