January 26, 2022
Staff Highlight — The Learning and Development Team
For our inaugural edition of the OHR Staff Highlight series, we will be introducing you to members of the Learning and Development team. This team is responsible for communications (including the HR website), change management, training, professional development and OHR event management. As a team, we support the internal needs of OHR, and we serve the broader professional development and information sharing needs of campus by developing and managing learning and development courses and programs and communicating about OHR systems and processes, benefits, strategic initiatives, learning opportunities, change, and all things OHR.
Introducing the Team
Currently, the Learning and Development team comprises five members who play an integral role in supporting both OHR and the rest of campus’s professional development needs:
- Adam Marks, Training Manager: Adam leads OHR’s efforts to provide professional development opportunities to staff by developing, supporting and delivering high quality training programs. Adam has played an integral role in the development and delivery of the Staff Supervisory Awareness Program.
- Heather Wainer, Communications Project Manager: Heather provides communications expertise for OHR projects. She also serves as editor of the HR Update. Additionally, Heather manages the OHR websites and ensures the content is up-to-date, relevant and user friendly.
- Lara Sullivan, Organizational Change and Communications Manager: Lara supports and drives the change management and communications of projects and initiatives for the department.
- Todd Rosignoli, Assistant Vice President, HR Learning and Development: Todd serves as leader of the Learning and Development team providing support, guidance and strategic perspective on all functions — change management, communications and training. Through his leadership, the Learning and Development team has been able to continue to expand our various educational opportunities to campus.
- Wendy Brenneman, Learning and Development Trainer: Wendy provides support for all functions related to the creation and delivery of training. Wendy leads our New Hire Orientation, helping new employees navigate their new careers and all that CMU has to offer.
In addition to our current team, we are working to fill the following positions:
- Training Coordinator: This individual will manage all logistical and administrative functions for the development, management and delivery of events, workshops, retreats and information sessions.
- Technical Writer and Content Strategist: This individual will collaborate with subject matter experts across the Office of Human Resources to provide technical writing and content support to the overall success of OHR business processes, strategic initiatives and special projects.
Resources and More Information
The Learning and Development Team is here to both support OHR’s change and communication needs and campus’s professional development needs. The sites managed by our team highlight our efforts to both communicate important projects and updates related to OHR and our training and professional development offerings. Some popular pages include Coronavirus News, Performance Management and Merit Resources, and Workday Guides.
- For more information on our work as it relates to professional development opportunities, please reach out to Professional Development Services.
- For information on our work on change and communications, please reach out to HR Communications.