As a faculty member, you contribute to the academic life and study of CMU. Whether in the classroom or the laboratory, your work is instrumental to the success of the institution. Human Resources is committed to the mission of the institution and oversees the programs and services that support you in your experience as an employee of Carnegie Mellon University.
Types of Faculty
- Research Faculty
- Teaching Faculty
- Librarian and Archivist Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty and Special Faculty are often classified as staff members and should refer to the staff pages for information on benefits.
- See the 2017 Benefits Guide — Domestic [pdf] for complete information on the benefits options available to domestic faculty members.
- See the 2017 Domestic Full-Time Employee Rate Sheet [pdf] for full-time rates at-a-glance.
- See the 2017 Domestic Part-Time Employee Rate Sheet [pdf] for part-time rates at-a-glance.
- See the Benefits Offerings for Faculty Members in International Locations for guides and rate sheets specific to each international location.