Julianne Baron Ph.D., CPH, RBP
President, Science and Safety Consulting
Julianne L. Baron, Ph.D., CPH, RBP is an infectious disease microbiologist with specialized expertise in laboratory and biological safety, risk assessments, emergency preparedness and planning, safety training, regulatory compliance, and scientific writing. She has assisted professional organizations, research institutions, universities, and businesses with scientific and safety projects that include reviewing training materials and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety plans, conducting gap analysis of institutional practices and written procedures, developing OSHA compliant laboratory safety programs, and creating emergency management and pandemic preparedness plans.
Laboratory & Biological Safety: Are you just starting out or already have a robust lab safety program and want a third-party review?
Scientific Research & Communication: Do you have a research idea and need help with study design, grant writing, publications, or other types of scientific communication?
Infectious Diseases & Pandemic Preparedness: Is your business prepared for an infectious disease outbreak or pandemic? Do you want to provide safer operations for your workers and avoid purchasing products with misleading claims?
Areas of expertise:
- Development and delivery of specialized lecture-based and hands-on training and materials.
- Creation of standard operating procedures, protocols, and guidance documents to ensure safe and secure research is conducted.
- Review of existing standard operating procedures or plans and providing gap analyses based on industry best practices.
- Scientific communication including writing, editing, and submission of manuscripts, book chapters, conference abstracts, posters, oral presentations, white papers, grant applications, and literature reviews.
- Emergency and pandemic preparedness, infection control procedures, and guidance review.