MCS Coronavirus Resources
We are closely monitoring all news regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Below are resources for Mellon College of Science students, faculty and staff. Please visit the university's Coronavirus Information page for the most up-to-date information on CMU's response to the coronavirus.
If you have any questions or suggestions for this page, please email email@example.com.
- CMU student resources
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS)
- International students FAQ
- Planning for the fall semester (undergraduate)
- Remote learning guidance for students
- Social distancing guidelines
- Student Academic Success Center
- Study abroad FAQ
- Tartan Emergency Support Fund
- University Health Services (UHS)
- University housing FAQs
- University Libraries resources
- MCS Technology Services information for preparing for remote teaching
- Eberly Center Hybrid and Remote Teaching and Learning
- Eberly Classroom A/V Presentation & Password
- Eberly Syllabus Design for Hybrid/Remote Teaching
- Preparing for and teaching online: General points, first day checklist and FAQs [Google Doc]
- Remote Teaching webinars
- Office of the Vice President for Research website
- MCS return to research resources
- Researcher preparedness for coronavirus - guidance and input on essential on-campus activities
- Pandemic preparedness guide for researchers (PDF)
- Allowability of travel cancellation costs on externally sponsored awards
- Coronavirus-related guidance from government agencies and professional societies
- NSF website for the research community with detailed guidance on coronavirus NOTE: website will be updated as new developments arise.
- Using Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) resources for COVID-19 research
- Export control guidance for Remote Work
Faculty and Staff Resources
- CMU faculty resources
- CMU staff resources
- MCS Technology Services information for preparing for remote work
- Human Resources (HR) COVID-19 FAQs
- Remote working tools for faculty and staff
- Detailed HR guidelines for remote work
- Staff leave options
- Emergency time off
- Social distancing guidelines
- Employee Assistance Progam (for emotional support)
- Travel and Visitor Policies
- COVID-19 Testing Resources for Faculty, Staff and Post-docs
NEW! Vaccine Clinics
Individuals ages 16 and above are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in Pennsylvania. Through partnerships with the Allegheny Health Network and Giant Eagle, the university is offering vaccine opportunities for the Carnegie Mellon community.
Tartan Covid-19 Asymptomatic Testing Program
All members of the CMU community are expected to participate in Tartan Testing once each week they are on campus. This includes individuals who have been fully vaccinated.
Download the COVID Alert PA App
COVID Alert PA is the official mobile app by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) that uses the Exposure Notification System (ENS).
You can now add your phone to the fight against COVID-19 by going to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and downloading the free COVID Alert PA app to your smartphone.
Download the NOVID App
CMU faculty, staff and students are encouraged to voluntarily download NOVID. The app, created at CMU, is uniquely designed to anonymously track the spread of COVID-19 within a user’s network.
CMU users: enter the word “TARTANS” on the settings page to join the NOVID CMU community and gain access to university-specific COVID announcements, helpful links, surveys and follow-up advice.
The colleges and departments will be able to approve one-time brief access to campus for individuals who need to retrieve or drop off materials. This is not access to come to campus to do research or other work. Requests should be sent to:
Chemistry and Undergraduate Advising offices in Doherty Hall: Karen Stump
Physics offices in Doherty and Wean Halls: Theresa Gabrielli
Mathematical Sciences offices in Wean Hall: Colleen Storm
Mellon Institute: Walter Bruce Pitts
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center: David Moses
Mellon Institute Library: Closed
MellonFit Gym: Closed