Canvas has updated the Rich Content Editor (RCE)
The Rich Content Editor has significant changes to the interface, but the core functionality remains the same with a few new features (e.g., there's a keyboard shortcut menu).
See more information about the new user interface and functionality.
Contact email@example.com for help.
Functionality Changes• What are the new menu changes and shortcuts?
• How do I import/export the gradebook?
• How do I view assignment statistics?
• How do I mute grades so they are not visible to students?
• How do I hide student names while grading?
• Where is the ‘treat ungraded as 0’ option?
• How do I update my late policies?
New Features in Canvas!
- Rich Content Editor (RCE) enhancements have arrived and include an updated interface and new features. Find out more at cmu.edu/canvas/richcontenteditor
- Restrict Assignment # of Attempts has recently been added to your Canvas quizzing options.
- Drag Drop to Add Files option is new in Canvas, look for "Drop files here to add to module" when you create a new module.
Teaching Remote and Hybrid
Find helpful resources and support for designing and teaching remote and hybrid courses at: www.cmu.edu/teaching/online/
- Tips for Transitioning Labs Online
- As you move your course to online, you may be looking for additional "Learn by Doing" content and activiites. The Open Learning Initiative has a number materials you may find helpful. See this shared Google spreadsheet for the list of discipline-specific resources.
The syllabi linked in this Registry have been collected to provide a snapshot of current and past course offerings' syllabi. This archive is made available for general informational purposes to the CMU community. Syllabi presented here should not be considered as a representative for future course offerings.
Instructors: See also how you can upload your syllabus to the Syllabus Registry...
Canvas Instructor Guides:
Use Quizzes in Canvas