Moving your course to online
All Spring courses have been provisioned a Canvas course site.
For assistance with Canvas, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with moving your course online, find helpful resources and support here: www.cmu.edu/teaching/online/
- Tips for Transitioning Labs Online
- As you move your course to online, you may be looking for additional "Learn by Doing" content and activiites. The Open Learning Initiative has a number materials you may find helpful. See this shared Google spreadsheet for the list of discipline-specific resources.
The syllabi linked in this Registry have been collected to provide a snapshot of current and past course offerings' syllabi. This archive is made available for general informational purposes to the CMU community. Syllabi presented here should not be considered as a representative for future course offerings.
Instructors: See also how you can upload your syllabus to the Syllabus Registry...
Learn more about NameCoach
NameCoach is a tool that is integrated into Canvas and S3 and is designed to support inclusive teaching practices. It allows you and your students to record and share the pronunciation of your names.
Not seeing NameCoach in Canvas?
To make NameCoach available, follow these steps:
- In the Settings area, click the Navigation tab
- Scroll to locate NameCoach and click the 3 dots to the right
- Select Enable and click save to finish
Email email@example.com for additional assistance.
Functionality Changes• What are the new menu changes and shortcuts?
• How do I import/export the gradebook?
• How do I view assignment statistics?
• How do I mute grades so they are not visible to students?
• How do I hide student names while grading?
• Where is the ‘treat ungraded as 0’ option?
• How do I update my late policies?