NOTE: Canvas is pushing an update to the content editor tool (found in Canvas assignments, pages, etc)
An updated/new Rich Content Editor (RCE) will be on by default in all Canvas courses at the end of this semester. While the interface has changed, the core functionality remains the same with a few new features (e.g., there's a keyboard shortcut menu). To help you familiarize yourself with this new interface, we are pointing you to a few of the documents Canvas has prepared: General demonstration video, Using the menu bar, How to add/modify text
And as always, don't hesitate to contact email@example.com for help.
Functionality Changes• What are the new menu changes and shortcuts?
• How do I import/export the gradebook?
• How do I view assignment statistics?
• How do I mute grades so they are not visible to students?
• How do I hide student names while grading?
• Where is the ‘treat ungraded as 0’ option?
• How do I update my late policies?
New Features in Canvas!
- You can now bulk edit assignment dates, a new feature in the assignments area of your course allows you to edit mutliple assignment due dates at one time
When you create a new module, you will see a new 'Drop files here to add to module' area
Rich content editor enhancements have arrived, you can turn on this new feature in Settings > Feature Options
Assignments now have the option to restrict the number of attempts students have on an assignment
Teaching Remote and Hybrid
Find helpful resources and support for designing and teaching remote and hybrid courses at: www.cmu.edu/teaching/online/
- Tips for Transitioning Labs Online
- As you move your course to online, you may be looking for additional "Learn by Doing" content and activiites. The Open Learning Initiative has a number materials you may find helpful. See this shared Google spreadsheet for the list of discipline-specific resources.
The syllabi linked in this Registry have been collected to provide a snapshot of current and past course offerings' syllabi. This archive is made available for general informational purposes to the CMU community. Syllabi presented here should not be considered as a representative for future course offerings.
Instructors: See also how you can upload your syllabus to the Syllabus Registry...
Canvas Instructor Guides:
Use Quizzes in Canvas