Carnegie Mellon University:
Combining Arts and Technology to Create Innovation with Impact
Connect to Careers@CarnegieMellon to view and/or apply for staff jobs:
Connect to Careers@the Software Engineering Institute to view and/or apply for open positions:
How to use Careers@CarnegieMellon to view and apply for staff positions
Careers@CarnegieMellon is the university's online job posting and application system. You can search job listings, submit an online resume, upload a cover letter or other supporting documents, and track the status of jobs to which you have applied.
To be considered for positions listed on Careers@CarnegieMellon, you must apply online. Paper resumes cannot be accepted by Human Resources or the hiring department.
Using Careers@CarnegieMellon requires that you create your unique profile. Here's how to get started:
1. Connect to the Careers@CarnegieMellon site. Click on "Existing User Sign In" if you have a saved profile.
2. Search for jobs using the Search features located on the left side and top of the page.
3. If you are a new user, please create a profile. Enter your personal resume information. You can also upload a file that includes a formatted cover letter and resume.
4. Apply for jobs by clicking on the Apply button. Be sure to answer any job-specific questions to actually submit your application. You can upload any supporting documents you want to submit as well.
5. An email confirmation that your credentials have been received will be sent to you.
For technical assistance for Careers@CarnegieMellon, please contact the HR Systems Help Desk at 412-268-3487 or HRIT@andrew.cmu.edu.
For technical assistance for Careers@the Software Engineering Institute, please contact 412-268-8906 or 412-268-9641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility Needs for Applicants, Students and Visitors
Carnegie Mellon University makes every effort to provide physical and programmatic access individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the employment process, please contact Disability Resources by emailing email@example.com or calling 412-268-3930.
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.