- M.A. History, State University of New York at Albany, 2019
- B.A. History – Government, Skidmore College, 2012
19th century U.S. history and culture; Atlantic World; American South; Civil War; slavery; revolution; violence and power; memory and tradition; environmental history; history from below; visual storytelling.
- A. W. Mellon Sawyer Seminar Fellow, 2019-20 (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Joel Tarr Fellowship in History, 2019-20 (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Phi Alpha Theta Prize for Outstanding Paper in History, 2018-19 (SUNY Albany)