June 14, 2019
Day Trip to Historic Brownsville
Historic Brownsville, Including Nemacolin Castle
Departs: 8:30 AM from 4909 Frew Street (behind Hunt Library)
Returns: approximately 6-6:30 PM
Join Osher at CMU with a trip back in time to Brownsville, PA, located in Fayette County.
The tour includes:
• Guided tour and lunch at Nemacolin Castle
• Walking tour of historic Front Street
• Drive by America’s First Cast Iron Bridge
• Stop at the Monongahela Transportation Museum and view artifacts from rail and river
• Visit Historic Church of St. Peter, home of the oldest continuously operating parish in Western Pennsylvania, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places
• Stop at Melega Art Museum at the historic Flat Iron Building
• View the former site of Temple Ohave Israel, also on the National Register of Historic Places
• Included are all admissions, gratuities, and transportation aboard CoachUSA deluxe motorcoach
This tour includes walking on uneven surfaces and visits to some facilities which are NOT handicapped accessible.
Fee: $89 for members and non-member guests. (Fee includes motor coach transportation, all entrances, tours, coffee and pastry upon arrival at Nemacolin Castle, lunch, donations at stops, and gratuities.)
Participation is limited to Osher at CMU Members and their non-member guests.
NON-MEMBERS and PITT Members: Must notify Osher office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. prior to Thursday, August 1. You will receive an email containing a link to a form that you need to fill out with your contact information and emergency information. You will then receive another email with a link to the release form that you will sign electronically. These two steps must be completed by Friday, August 16 or the reservation with be withdrawn.
Please feel free to bring any additional snacks and water as these will not be provided.
Reservations with FULL payment due by August 1, 2019.
The last day to withdraw to receive full refund (less $10 processing fee) is August 17th. After that date, there will be no refunds.