August 14, 2019
Explore the Simple Life
Travel Date: Friday, November 1, 2019
Departure: 8:30 AM from Frew Street (behind Hunt Library)
Return: approximately 5:30 PM
Join Osher Lifelong Learning members on a day trip to the Amish Country of New Wilmington, Pa, a community settled in 1847. As we drive past horses and buggies, homes, dairy farms, and even an Amish school house, we will learn about the Amish lifestyle. You never know what you will see along these back roads! Visits may include an Amish farm, greenhouse, Amish bakery, quilt shop, cheese house, apple orchard, and more.
Please note that the Amish shops do NOT accept credit cards. They accept only cash and checks.
A “family style” lunch is included at a quaint restaurant. The atmosphere here is as if you are visiting friends whom you have not seen in a long time…very friendly.
After lunch we depart for Volant voted “The Best Small Town in Pennsylvania”. We will have some time to walk around the town and visit the shops.
This tour includes walking on uneven surfaces and visits to some facilities which are NOT handicapped accessible.
- Fee: $79 per person for members and non-members. A release form will be provided in advance for non-members.
- Fee includes motor coach transportation, all entrances, tours, lunch, and gratuities.
- Please feel free to bring any additional snacks and water as these will not be provided
- Reservation with FULL payment is due by Friday, October 18, 2019.
- The last day to withdraw to receive a full refund (less $10 processing fee) is October 1st. After that date there will be no refunds.