Move Your Student Services
Graduating students, your Andrew account will expire after you graduate, so you'll no longer be able to access CMU resources. Follow the guidance below to transition the services associated with your Andrew account.
Note: You won't be able to move some items – including Google account data and your Andrew mail – until after you graduate.
Before you Graduate
You can begin these steps at any time leading up to your graduation date.
Download Your Files
- If you have files stored in Box, AFS or MyFiles (from Computer Labs or Virtual Andrew), download them to your computer's hard drive, removable media or another storage location.
- Use secure FTP to move the files you want from AFS.
- Visit My Recordings to download any recorded Zoom meetings you saved to the Zoom cloud.
- Click the More drop-down to the right of the meeting and select Download. This option is only available for meetings you have hosted. There is no bulk download option.
- Create a personal Zoom account.
Migrate your Adobe Files
Unpublish your UserWeb Pages
Follow these steps to save and unpublish your personal web pages.
Remove Licensed Software
When your Carnegie Mellon affiliation ends, you are required to remove licensed software downloaded from the locations below.
- Computing Services software page (for example, Matlab, Mathematica, and so on)
- Departmental servers
- Andrew directories
- Microsoft Azure
- VMware Campus Store
Update your Login Email Addresses
After you Graduate
You will only gain access to these tools after your graduation is confirmed, so plan to take these steps after commencement.
Migrate your Mail to an Alumni Account
After you graduate, use the Alumni Mail Migration tool to move your Andrew email from Exchange or Google to your new alumni account.
To copy your calendar and contact entries, see the instructions provided in "Export Calendar and Contacts" on this page.
For more information or to access your email, visit the Alumni Association website.
Export your Google Data
For more information on using Takeout visit Google's Download your Data support page.