The Data Catalog provides a repository for sharing definitions for data elements used to manage university business. The catalog provides a workflow for data domain experts to create and approve data definitions. Approved catalog definitions aid in promoting data literacy; improving our understanding of our data and ultimately increasing trust in the data.
- Creates a transparent, shared knowledge base of institutional data allowing for the same interpretation of terms and preventing disagreement and assumption on terms.
- Provides a useful reference to assist when creating and interpreting reports to ensure that the correct data elements are being analyzed.
- Demonstrates availability of data and where to find it in the technical definitions.
- Eliminates duplicate rework for data producers and data consumers by enabling self-service access to data information .
- Faculty and staff members as designated by the appropriate data steward