Whether you need to reset your password or verify key information that you’ll need for a password reset, review the sections below for everything you need to manage your Andrew password.
Verify Your Personal Email Address
Your personal email address is a non-CMU email address with an external email provider. You'll need a personal email address on file in the event you need to change your password or are locked out of your Andrew account. You may verify your personal email address on file at any time.
Faculty and Staff
- Log in to WorkDay.
- Click Personal Information.
- Under the View section, click Email Addresses.
- Click Edit.
- Under the Home Contact Information section, locate the Primary Email field.
- To enter an email: click Add (plus icon), enter your personal email and click the checkmark.
- To edit an email: click Edit (pencil icon), update your personal email and click the checkmark.
Important: There are other email fields, however, the primary is the only one used for password resets.
- Log into SIO.
- Click My Info > View and Update My Info.
- Under My Info, click Edit.
- Add a personal email address and click Submit.
Sponsored Account Holders
To change your personal email address, contact your university sponsor or the Computing Services Help Center at email@example.com or 412-268-4357 (HELP).
Change Your Password
You may change your Andrew password at any time.
- Visit the Change Password page.
- Enter your Andrew userID and password, then click Login.
- Follow the prompts to create a password in compliance with our guidelines. Avoid using the same passwords that you’ve set for other accounts.
- Once the process is complete, log in with your new Andrew password.
- Visit How to Update Your Password for Email and Wireless for instructions on adding your new Andrew password to your devices.
Note: Desktop Support (DSP) customers, may have a different experience when changing their password. Contact the Computing Services Help Center if you have questions or need assistance.
If you forget your password
- Visit the Andrew Account Password Reset page.
- Enter your Andrew userID and then click Continue.
- Follow the prompts to create a one-time code that will be sent to the personal email address that you have on file with the university.
When you can't use the Password Reset page
If you do not have a personal email address on file, you will need to use one of the other methods provided below:
- Security questions: Security questions are not recommended for password resets but can be used if you do not have a personal email address on file.
- Alumni: Contact the Carnegie Mellon University Alumni Association.
- Computing Services Help Center: Contact the Computing Services Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-4357 (HELP). One of the consultants will verify your identity and may ask for the answers to your security questions if you had them previously stored on file.