Store and organize files, collaborate on work, and access your information securely from any device, anywhere. With your Google at CMU account, you have access to unlimited storage space, and you can even store FERPA-related data.
Remember, always log into Google with your Andrew userID and password—do not use your consumer Google account for university business.
Optional Tools and Features
- Google Cloud Search - Search for your information across Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets—basically anywhere Google! Filter to only view items you own.
- Google Drive for Desktop - Install Google Drive for Desktop and access all of your cloud-based files locally from your computer or mobile device—without downloading them first.
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides - The office productivity suite includes apps for creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Work simultaneously on files for real-time collaboration.
- Google Drawings - Create diagrams and simple flowcharts, then share your completed creations in this free, Microsoft Visio alternative.
- Google Forms - Create online surveys, find common meeting times, and more.
- Google Jamboard - Write and draw together on a virtual whiteboard with up to 50 people at once.
- Google Keep - Take notes using virtual sticky notes with Google's note-taking app. Also available without a CMU Google Mail account.
- Google Shared Drives - Shared Drives are a great solution for storing department or organization resources. Documents aren't managed by a single owner, which means you can continue collaborating on work—even if one person leaves the team. Request a shared drive below.
- Students, faculty, and staff
- Those using Exchange for email also have access to Google Drive, as well as its tools and features.