Store and organize files, collaborate on work, and access your information securely from any device, anywhere. With unlimited storage space available through your Google at CMU account, store even FERPA-related data in this secure space. Remember, always log into Google with your Andrew userID and password—do not use your consumer Google account for university business.
Optional Tools and Features
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides - The office productivity suite includes apps for creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Work simultaneously on files for real-time collaboration.
- Google Drive File Stream - Install Drive File Stream and access all of your cloud-based files locally from your computer or mobile device—without downloading them first.
- Google Drawings- Create diagrams and simple flowcharts, then share your completed creations in this free, Microsoft Visio alternative.
- Google Forms - Create online surveys, find common meeting times, and more.
- Google Jamboard - Write and draw together on a virtual whiteboard with up to 50 people at once.
- Google Keep - Take notes using virtual sticky notes with Google's note-taking app. Also available without a CMU Google Mail account.
- Google Shared Drives - Shared Drives are a great solution for storing department or organization resources. Documents aren't managed by a single owner, which means you can continue collaborating on work—even if one person leaves the team. Request a shared drive below.
- Students, faculty, and staff
- Those using Exchange for email also have access to Google Drive, as well as its tools and feature.