Service Access is provided through a Service Account. Service Accounts are non-user accounts that provide credentials for integrations or connections between servers or services.
What can I do with a Service Account?
You can use a Service Account to provide credentials to integrate or connect servers and services. For example:
- Use a Service Account to allow a web application to authenticate and connect to a database server
- Use a Service Account to allow a cloud service to authenticate and then pull data from an API service
Why should I use Service Account?
Using a Service Account to connect servers or services provides many benefits. For example, Service Accounts:
- Increase security by providing access only to the information and resources needed
- Improve auditability by generating easily traceable transactions
- Promote business continuity by separating Service Account activity from individual Andrew accounts