Fairfax, Neville and Webster Hall have Comcast internet service. See the Troubleshooting Guide help.
Locate Hardware Address
- Select Run.
- Type cmd into the Search box. Press Enter.
- Type getmac/v at the prompt. Press Enter.
- Your computer's Ethernet and wireless addresses are listed as the Physical Addresses.
- Wired - Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection
- Wireless - Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network Connection
- Note these and then type exit.
- Select Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Select View > Network.
- Select your Ethernet connection and click Advanced.
- Click Hardware.
- Note the string next to MAC address.
Locate Wireless Card/Driver Information (Windows)
Follow the steps below to locate your wireless card and driver information.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Under Network and Sharing Center, click Change Adapter Settings.
- Select the applicable network adapter (depending on whether you are having an issue on wireless or wired network).
- Right-click on the wired or wireless option and select Properties.
- Click Configure > Driver and gather the following information:
- Adapter Name (including make/model numbers)
- Driver Provider
- Driver Date
- Driver Version
Registered but, have limited access
Consider the following:
- New wired network registrations may take 15-30 minutes to fully activate. Wait at least 30 minutes from the time of registration and then try accessing the Internet again.
- Your web browser or network application's name and address have old information saved. Quit and relaunch your web browser or network application.
- Your operating system's network name and address have old information saved. Reboot your computer and then relaunch your web browser.
- Your web browser cache has old information saved. Clear your web browser cache. See the browser help for steps.
Update Card/Driver (Windows)
- Select Start > Check for Updates.
- Once complete, visit the web site for your computer vendor (e.g., Dell, IBM, etc.) and download the latest network driver for your computer.
- Drivers can typically be found in the Support area of the site.