MyDeptFiles DFS storage provides several key features:
- Backup Solution - Data stored on MyDeptFiles is backed up, in near-real-time, as files are changed. If you modify or delete a file, those using Windows have the ability to recover the file immediately.
- Usage Monitoring - DSP will actively monitor your MyDeptFiles space for nearing and maximized quota thresholds, notifying departments that exceed 80% of their quota and notifying on every increase of 5%, up to the maximum.
- Data Retention and Recovery - MyDeptFiles can be rolled back up to 5 weeks in cases of accidental file deletion. Data can not be recovered after this window of time.
- Confidentiality - Access to data can be as confidential as needed. Desktop Support manages file access permissions for you based on your own criteria, or we can work with your departmental IT staff to manage file permissions directly.
- Drive Mapping - DSP will assist with drive mappings for your Windows machines. For those using Mac OS X, MyDeptFiles is natively supported. To access MyDeptFiles off-campus, you will need to use Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
All DSP customers
- Request MyDeptFiles and including the following information:
- Authorization User Name
- Department Name
- Initial DFS Size Request or DFS Size Increase (for current customers)
Note: Space increases generally take 2-3 business days to process; new volumes can take 5-7 business days.