Campus Cloud provides virtual servers and associated disk space on the secure Carnegie Mellon network. It is a cost-effective on-site hosting solution using Computing Services’ extensive virtual infrastructure. Virtual servers appear and act the same as physical servers, but at a fraction of the cost. Campus Cloud may be used for departmental IT applications, research data, sponsored graduate projects, and web hosting.
Benefits of the Campus Cloud service include:
- Competitive pricing - you pay only the cost of the resources you use
- Flexible - scaled to your needs, now and in the future
- Protected - off-site backups, controlled and maintained physical environment
Manage VMs yourself or choose Campus Cloud Plus for operating system management and optional database administration.
Campus Cloud Plus
Campus Cloud Plus provides all the virtual server and disk space benefits of the Campus Cloud service. The service also includes operating system management and the option to add database administration.
Develop, run and manage applications in our secure virtual server environment. Includes:
- System administration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Windows operating systems; Apache and IIS web servers, with web certificate management and optional Shibboleth authorization
- Machine build and operating system installation
- Network registration, firewall configuration, and standard automated monthly maintenance with many options
- Security and service documentation provided for configuration within the controlled environment
Optionally, Campus Cloud Plus customers can add database administration, and Computing Services will manage your relational database for you.
- Available for SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle databases
- Includes database and service pack upgrades, patches and cloning
Shared cluster, dedicated cluster and dedicated single-node architectures available
Proactive monitoring and issue notification
- Departmental IT staff
- Graduate students with sponsored projects
- Officially sponsored student organizations
- Campus Cloud and Campus Cloud Plus Consultation
- Request a New Campus Cloud Server
- Change Your Campus Cloud Server
- Change Your Campus Cloud Plus Service