Looking to record your next meeting to share after the event? Hoping to use a Zoom meeting as a future training tool? CMU's Zoom account offers both local and cloud recording.
Local or Cloud Recording
- From within your Zoom meeting, click Record.
- Indicate whether you would like to record to your hard drive(local) or the cloud.
- Click Record.
- To manage your cloud recordings or share with others, sign in to your account at cmu.zoom.us, and choose to the Recordings (left).
Note: Be concious of recording to the cloud when sharing sensitive university information and consider recording locally. You can also password-protect cloud recordings for increased security.
To set your recording preferences for all meetings:
- Sign in to your account at cmu.zoom.us, and choose Meeting Settings and the Recording tab.
- Choose your options for:
- Local recordings
- Cloud recordings
- Automatic recording
- Sharing cloud recordings
- Auto-delete cloud recordings
- Audio notificatons of recorded meetings