Follow the steps below to get started using the Zoom app:
Get the Zoom App
Everything you need to do in Zoom, you can do from inside the Zoom app. Open the app to:
- Start a meeting with video
- Start a meeting without video
- Join a meeting
- Schedule a meeting
- Share your screen
Download the App
Before you can use Zoom, you'll need to:
- Download the software for Mac or Windows.
- Open the installer file.
- Click Continue to proceed with the installation.
Note: The Zoom mobile app is available in the Appstore for iOS devices and via Google Play for Android.
Set Your Preferred Name
Since Zoom is a third-party application, your preferred name will not automatically populate within Zoom. You'll need to set your preferred name once within the application.
- Visit cmu.zoom.us and choose Sign In.
- Select Profile (left).
- Click Edit beside your name (right).
- Make the desired change and click Save Changes.
Although Zoom can be used through a web browser, we recommend the Zoom app for simpler navigation, more robust controls, and an overall consistent experience.
Sign In To Zoom
- Open the Zoom app.
- Click Sign In.
- Choose Sign In with SSO.
- Enter cmu into the Enter your company domain field, then click Continue.
- Do one of the following:
- First time using the app - click open.zoom.us in the browser window. and check Always open these types of links with associated app.
- Already setup - continue with step 6.
- When prompted, enter your Andrew userID, password and DUO option (if applicable) to log in.
- The Zoom app will open and you may close the browser.