A Short Bio page features multiple people on a single page and is ideal for providing brief bios with basic information; Short Bio pages are often used as contact pages. Unlike regular Bio pages, Short Bio pages do not require you to create a separate page for each person.
Short Bio pages include the following features:
- Pre-defined fields for a variety of information including name, title, department and contact information
- Option to upload a photo
- Sidebar for website links
- A single open text area for bio
- Hero and additional content area
Short Bio pages are styled with alternating rows of grey and white.
Example of a Short Bio page.
Create a Short Bio Page
Select the folder in the asset tree where you want to create the Short Bio page
- Click Add Content > Bio > Short Bio
- Complete the required information
- Page Name - Enter the system name for the page (displayed in the asset tree and live URL); follow the requirements provided in the interface
- Placement Folder - This will reflect the selected folder; click on folder to change if necessary
- Title - Enter the user-friendly name displayed in the navigation (e.g., Our Team, People, Faculty, etc.)
- Description - Enter a summary of the page; used by search engines
- Hide from Navigation - To prevent page from displaying in the navigation, change to Yes; leave at the default No to include it
- Social Media Image (optional) - To use a different image for social media other than the one specified in the setup, Choose File to browse and select the image
- Include Hero Section (optional)
Creating a new Short Bio page.
Intro Text (optional)
- Intro Text - In the WYSIWYG, provide an introduction for the bios featured on the page
Example of Intro Text on page.
- Image - Choose File to browse and select a photo of the person
- High resolution photo - Choose File to browse and select a high resolution photo for download by website visitors (ideal for printed material)
- Name - Person's full name including Prefix and Suffix if applicable
- CMU Indicia - If the person obtained a degree at CMU, specify college and year; click the plus sign (+) to add another
- Title - Enter Job Title and select the Department the person is affiliated with; click the plus sign (+) to add another
- Contact Information - Enter Address, Phone, Fax and Email
Example of basic bio information; contact information is collapsed by default and can be expanded by clicking the Contact link.
- Bio - Enter bio into the WYSIWYG
- Collapse Bio - If enabled, this bio section will be collapsed (hidden) with a link to expand it
Example of bio expanded; the Bio heading serves as a link to expand and collapse the section.
Add Another Short Bio (optional)
Want to feature another short bio? Click the plus sign (+) near an existing short bio and repeat the steps above.
Additional Content Area (optional)
Additional content area in the page edit interface.