Delete & Restore
Deleting an asset removes it from your site and stores it in the trash for 15 days before being permanently deleted.
Tip: Before deleting an asset, it's a good idea to check for relationships first to ensure nothing is referencing it.
The trash stores deleted assets for 15 days; assets can be restored within this time period.
- Select the asset in the asset tree
- Click ••• More > Delete in the Action Toolbar, OR
Right-click on asset > Delete
- If the asset is still in use (i.e, linked to from a page) a warning will display, such as:
1 asset(s) are still using this asset. Deleting it may cause broken links.
Determine whether to proceed or to remove the link to the asset before deletion.
- Keep Unpublish Content enabled to prevent creating an orphan
- Confirm Destination where the asset should be unpublished (e.g, live and/or staging servers)
- Click Delete at the upper right
To view the trash, click on Trash at the top of the asset tree; the badge to the right displays number of assets in trash.
Assets can be restored to their original location within 15 days of being deleted.
- Click on Trash at the top of the asset tree
- Deleted items are listed in the workspace; enable the check box(es) next to the asset(s) to be restored
- Use the tools at the top to perform an action:
- Restore to original location
- Delete permanently