Web forms are used to collect information from website visitors, such as a survey, an application, or simply a contact method. Several web form options are available to incorporate on your site.
MailTo forms use a script to send submissions from an HTML form you create to a Carnegie Mellon email address. To use MailTo forms, you must have an intermediate or advanced level of HTML authoring.
A Google form collects data into a spreadsheet. Create the form using Google's form tools then embed the form onto your site. Use your university Google account for this service rather than a personal Google account.
Create a CMU Wufoo Theme
- Go to the Themes tab in Wufoo
- Select Create New from the Theme dropdown
- Select Logo > Your Logo in properties
- Set the height to 37 and paste in the URL to CMU's wordmark
- Select Advanced and paste in the URL to CMU's custom WuFoo Stylesheet
- To embed your form, use https://www.cmu.edu/mc-assets/wufoo/wufoo-v5-embed.css
- To link to the form, use https://www.cmu.edu/mc-assets/wufoo/wufoo-v5.css
- Save the theme
- Go back to the Forms tab, find your form and select your new theme from the dropdown