Is printing available for campus guests?
Yes, see Plaid Cash Printing.
Where should I print high-volume or special (glossy paper, color) print jobs?
High brightness coated paper is available for the color laser printer in CFA. If you are using a manual feed to print in CFA, ask the operator for help. The operator will make sure your document is printed on the correct paper. Large print jobs, should be printed at one of the multi-printer sites: Baker Hall 140 corridor, Hunt Reference area, E&S Library or Wean 5200.
How can I tell if a specific Andrew printer is busy?
Visit the Printer Status page for real-time printer status.
What is a Web Station?
Computers that offer on-the-go access to email, a printer or web browser. See the map for locations.
Can I get a refund for a jammed or cancelled job?
Refunds are NOT issued for jammed, defective or cancelled print jobs. However, you may be eligible for a free one-time print job release. Contact Computing Services for more information.
How can I avoid printing blank pages?
When printing web pages, use "Page preview" to ensure that your browser doesn't add a blank page.
I sent a job to the printer, but it doesn't appear in the print queue.
It can take up to two minutes for your job to appear. Check your computer to be sure that the print job was sent to one of the print stations.
I released my job from the print station, but the document didn't print.
- Check the printer screen to be sure that it is not jammed.
- Verify the printer is connected. See the Printer Status page.
- It may be a problem with the print job. Try again to print again. If the job fails to print, email contact Computing Services.
The print release station returns a parse or SOAP xml error.
Release stations do not translate Unicode text which causes the SOAP error. Contact Computing Services or an operator to remove the job from the queue. Save the document again with a different name and print.
I'm having problems printing a PDF file with graphics, multiple layers and fonts.
- Open the PDF and select File > Print.
- Select the printer and then select Advanced. Select Print as Image.
The popup client does not appear on my Mac.
Check to make sure you have the latest software/drivers. If you do and are still having problems, reboot your computer and try again.
Still having problems? Make sure your computer is configured correctly:
- Select Apple System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options.
- Enter the admin username and password for your computer, if prompted.
- Click Login Options (bottom left side).
- Uncheck Show Fast User Switching (right side).
- Select Apple System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options > Enable Pharos Popup.
- Select Go > Computer > Hard Drive > Library > Application Support > Pharos > Utilities
- Select the Uninstaller and follow the wizard.
- Reinstall following the Mac installation steps.
What should I do if Pharos installation fails on my Windows 8.1 computer?
Manually restart the print spooler service:
- Press the Windows key or press CTRL+ESC to bring up the Metro screen.
- Type CMD.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
- Click yes/allow, if prompted.
- Type NET START SPOOLER.
- Re-run the Pharos installer. This should resolve the issue.
Paper jam/49 error message on the printer.
Refer to the Troubleshoot HP LaserJet P4015X Printer Issues Snapguide for help.