Register to Use 2fa
In order to use 2fa, new users must register for the service and then designate a device for identity confirmation.
Have the following ready:
- The device you want to register (mobile smart phone, tablet, U2F token (Yubikey), or Help Center-issued Duo hardware token)
- Your Andrew userID and password
- Your CMU card number OR the personal email address on file with the university if a card has not been issued
Note: Once the registration process has started, it must be completed.
- Go to the Two-Factor Authentication Self-Service (2fa) tool.
- Login with your Andrew userID and password.
- Enter one of the following and click Submit:
- CMU card number (staff, faculty and students)
- Personal email address on file with the university
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the registration process for your device.
- For mobile phones and tablets, download and install the DUO mobile app on your device using the appropriate link: iPhone/iPad | Android | Windows Phone .
Note: Installation is not required for U2F tokens or Duo hardware tokens.
When registration is complete, you can: