Locate Hardware Address
If you followed all of the troubleshooting steps and require Help Center assistance, locate your hardware address and complete the Report a Problem form. Providing this information on the form will speed your resolution time.
- Select Run.
- Type cmd into the Search box. Press Enter.
- Type getmac/v at the prompt. Press Enter.
- Your computer's Ethernet and wireless addresses are listed as the Physical Addresses.
- Wired - Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection
- Wireless - Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network Connection
- Note these and then type exit.
- Select Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Select View > Network.
- Select your Ethernet connection and click Advanced.
- Click Hardware.
- Note the string next to MAC address.