How To Use Cisco Jabber Chat
Cisco Jabber (Softphone) is an all-in-one communication tool that gives you the functionality of a telephone on your computer or mobile device. Jabber is also an option for group chat. This option is turned on for your computer. If using a mobile device, please request an account.
Log In To Jabber
The first time you log in to Cisco Jabber, do the following.
- Open Cisco Jabber.
- Enter your userID as follows: AndrewUserID@uc.cmu.edu.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your Andrew password, then click Sign In.
Start a Chat
To begin a group chat.
- Search for a contact on the Contacts tab.
- Right click on the contact's name and select Start Chat. The chat window will load.
- Click the Search or call field and search for any additional parties that you would like to the conversation.
- Click an individual's name to add them to the chat.