The Timeshare UNIX service provides remote, command line access to Linux-based UNIX systems from any Windows or Mac computer.
CMU’s Timeshare UNIX service:
- Uses a load-balanced UNIX system that provides a computing environment for multiple concurrent users.
- Is accessible via ssh and sftp.
- Provides access to a user’s AFS home directory for shared file storage.
- Provides access to a large software library, including multiple software development environments.
- Take advantage of a UNIX environment and software without installing UNIX.
- Increase productivity and mobility with safe access to a Linux-based UNIX system from multiple devices in any location.
- Alleviate backup concerns with reliable maintenance and recovery planning.
- Enhance security with centralized monitoring and server protection.
Students, faculty, staff
No request necessary