Streaming TV (IPTV) Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access XFINITY On Campus?
XFINITY On Campus is available and accessible to the main campus student community 24 hours a day. You must connect to the wired or wireless campus network to access streaming cable TV. You cannot connect to the service via VPN or a third-party hotspot.
To access XFINITY On Campus from a supported browser, follow these steps:
- Visit Xfinity on Campus.
- Select Carnegie Mellon University from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your Andrew userID and password, when prompted.
Can I subscribe to specific channels?
Yes, you can subscribe to premium channels, such as HBO, Starz, and digital preferred content. Students need a credit card to sign up for a "No Contract" subscription with a monthly fee.
Can I stream on my mobile device?
Yes. For an up-to-date list of supported devices, and how to use them to stream television programs, follow these steps:
- Visit the Xfinity Apps Support page.
- Select the link for your device, then download the "XFINITY Stream" app from your mobile device App Store.
- To log in to the service, follow the instructions for "XFINITY On Campus Students."
Note: XFINITY On Campus does not support these devices: Linux; Apple TV, Roku, and other Media Players; Windows Phone
Can I watch on multiple devices simultaneously?
An error message displays when I try to watch a channel.
- Confirm that you are on campus and have a wired or wireless connection to the campus network.
- Close and start XFINITY On Campus again.
- Select different channels to see if any display.
- If you continue to experience problems, contact Computing Services.