Integrated, cloud-based document editing, storage and collaboration tools provided as part of Google's "all-in-one" suite solution.
Optional Tools and Features
- Classic Hangouts - real time communication through chat, voice, and video for up to 25 people. This tool will be combined with Hangouts Chat by October 2019.
- Chrome Sync - feature to synchronize bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings across devices signed in to Chrome.
- Contacts - store personal email addresses and groups; CMU email addresses are included by default.
- Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms - tools to create, edit, share and collaborate on files stored in Drive.
- Drive - My Drive is available for personal, unlimited storage for files.
- Hangouts Chat - allows for team collaboration in a one-on-one or group format.
- Hangouts Meet - real-time communication through video for up to 50 people.
- Keep - collaboration tool for note taking, lists, photos, and audio.
- Mail and Calendar - Browser-based email and calendar solution.
- Sites - a tool to create personal websites on the G Suite Basic domain.
- Shared Drives - files belong to an entire group, not an individual. If a member leaves the group, the files remain so that the group can continue working without interruption.
Students, faculty, and staff