How To Use CMU Voicemail Manager
Follow the instructions below to use CMU Voicemail Manager. Refer to the Voicemail Manager Guide for more detailed information.
Log In and Log Out
- Visit voicemail.cmu.edu.
Note: To log in from off-campus, first connect to VPN.
- Enter your Andrew userID and password, then click Sign In.
To log out of Voicemail Manager, click Sign Out next to your Andrew userID (top right).
Change or Reset Your PIN
- Click Settings (top left), then Passwords > Change PIN.
- Enter your new PIN, then click Save.
Change Your Greeting
Computing Services recommends that you change your voicemail greeting from your phone. However, you can change your greeting and its settings in Voicemail Manager, if necessary, if you have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer.
- Click Settings (top left), then Greetings > View Greetings.
- Click the Enabled checkbox next to the greeting you want to change, then click the name of the greeting.
- Select the options for the selected greeting. Record a new greeting, as necessary.
- Click Save. It may take several minutes for the new greeting settings to activate.
Play, Save, or Delete a Message
To play, save, or delete a voice message, do the following.
- Click Messages (top left) , Inbox, then choose the message you want to play. It will be highlighted in green.
- Click the play button.
Note: During playback, the play button becomes a pause button. Click it to pause or resume playing the message.
- To save the message, do nothing.
- To delete the message, click Delete. The voice message is moved to the Deleted messages mailbox.
Reply to or Forward a Message
Follow these instructions to reply to or forward a message to anyone in the CMU directory. To send a reply, first verify that you have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer.
- Click Messages (top left), Inbox, then choose the message you want to play. It will be highlighted in green.
- Select one of the following buttons:
- Reply all
- In the window that opens, select the actions and options you want to take, then click Send.
Record and Send a Message
- Click Messages (top left), then select Inbox or Sent.
- You can record a voice message from your computer or from your CMU phone.
- To record a voice message from your computer, click Computer.
- To record a voice message from your phone, click Phone (bottom right), then enter the last five digits of your CMU phone number.
- Click New Message (top right) .
- In the New Message window that opens, select the actions and options you want, then click Send.