How To Use Cisco Jabber
Cisco Jabber is an all-in-one communication tool that gives you the functionality of a telephone in Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, or Android OS.
Do not use Cisco Jabber to call 911 (emergency services).
The application may not provide timely or accurate location data, and may cause calls to be misdirected to the wrong emergency response center.
Log In and Log Out
The first time you log in to Cisco Jabber, do the following.
- Start Cisco Jabber
- In the login window, enter your Andrew userID as follows: AndrewUserID@uc.cmu.edu, then click Continue.
- Enter your Andrew password, then click Sign In.
- Windows - Click the gear icon (menu) in the top-right of the hub window, then click Sign Out.
- Mac - Click Jabber > Sign Out in the top-left menu of the hub window.
- Android - Tap Sign Out next to the ACCOUNTS menu on the bottom-left.
- iOS - Tap your name or icon in the top-left of the hub window, then tap Sign Out.
Consult Cisco Jabber Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
Select a category below to learn more about Cisco Jabber.
Why can't I log in to Jabber?
- Verify that you entered your name in the following format: YourAndrewID@uc.cmu.edu.
- Refer to the Cisco Jabber login instructions for more information.
Why do I see the message "Cannot connect with the server." when I try to log in to Jabber?
You must be connected to a wired network or to the CMU-SECURE wireless network on campus, or you will receive this message and will be unable to log in.
Can I access Jabber off campus?
You can use Jabber off campus the same way you access it on campus: Sign it to your Jabber account and talk away!
How do I keep people from interrupting me on Jabber?
From the Jabber client, set your status to Do Not Disturb. For complete instructions on setting your status, refer to the appropriate Cisco Jabber Guide.
Can I control who can chat with me on Jabber?
You can set your privacy settings from the menu Preferences > Privacy. In the Privacy options, you can choose who can see your status and send you messages.