Already created your Where Am I in the Process? portal?
Log in to your portal(opens in new window)
If you've applied but haven't yet set up your account, please watch for an account activation email from Carnegie Mellon.
Carnegie Mellon Application Status
The Where Am I in the Process? portal allows you to track the Carnegie Mellon application and admission process online. You can see what admission and financial aid documents we've received, what documents we've mailed to you and what documents we're missing. We also post admission decisions and financial aid offers to your Where Am I in the Process? portal.
Learn more about the portal application process:
- When you apply to Carnegie Mellon, you will receive an email with a unique link to sign in to the Where Am I in the Process? portal. If you've recently applied, you should receive this email within 5 - 7 business days.
- The subject line of this email will read: Register for Carnegie Mellon's Where Am I in the Process.
- You'll be required to sign in to your Where Am I in the Process? portal with one of the following identity providers: Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.
The only way to access your Where Am I in the Process? portal is to complete the registration process through your unique link sent via email.
If you can't find this email or need help accessing your portal, contact the Office of Admission directly. Once registered, you’ll be able to use the Where Am I in the Process? portal(opens in new window) to track the admission process.
Applicants, please note that you'll need to register on the Where Am I in the Process? portal in order to receive your admission decision and financial aid offer. We ask that you follow the sign-in requirements when prompted via email notification from Carnegie Mellon.
If you can’t access Google, Facebook or LinkedIn, the portal's three identity provider options, there’s another registration option called Friends of CMU. To register with this option:
- Click on the invitation link in our initial email titled "Register for Carnegie Mellon’s Where Am I in the Process." Please contact the Office of Admission if you can't find this email.
- On the registration page, click "Continue to Cirrus."
- Select the "Friends of CMU" option; this will take you to another login page.
- Click "Create Account" at the bottom of the page, enter all required information and click "Create." This will automatically send you an email with the subject line "New Account Activation."
- Follow the steps in the email to activate your account and access your portal.
For best results, please complete the Friends of CMU account creation and registration process at the same time and in the same browser.
After you've completed your portal registration, we encourage you to review your information to confirm that information is accurate.
In the portal, you're able to edit your:
- Preferred name
- Permanent address
- Mailing address
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
You can also confirm that your application plan and college choice(s) are correct. If either piece of information is incorrect, please contact the Office of Admission to make an update.