Undergraduate students in the Department of English at Carnegie Mellon University are engaged in a wide variety of deep research and educational projects: From supporting the publishing books of poetry and directing films, to producing portfolios of intellectual inquiry and textual analysis with interdisciplinary impact.
Below are several examples of student work and research opportunities for our undergraduates:
- Dietrich Honors Fellowship Program
- Senior Honors Theses
- Independent research projects in English
- Meeting of the Minds
- Andrew Carnegie Scholars Program
- Adamson Awards
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Writing Awards
- Additional research and recognition opportunities for English undergraduates include:
To learn more about any of these opportunities, please reach out to an English Department Advisor.